When city and state officials, other dignitaries and well-wishers gathered to cut the ribbon on the newly renovated Bell Diamond Manor in the Berkley section of Norfolk, a special focus was on Mr. George Banks. It was Mr. Banks whose vision and effort with the Beacon Light Civic League originally launched Bell Diamond Manor in the early 1970s. A few years ago, Beacon Light looked to Woda Cooper to take Bell Diamond Manor to the next chapter with a $14 million top-to-bottom renovation. Mr. Banks is shown front wearing a hat.
- Fill Your Stocking with Alicia Keys, Louis Armstrong, More December 1, 2022
- Kenzo, First Ugandan Nominated for Grammy, had Humble Start December 1, 2022
- R&B Experience rocks Atlanta, Bobby Brown, Xscape, Silk lead the way December 5, 2022
- Review: Will Smith-led ‘Emancipation’ is an action thriller December 3, 2022
- Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lights up for holiday season December 1, 2022
- Bed-Stuy Gateway bid hosts winter wonderland December 1, 2022