(16) Galatians 4:24-31 represent Allegorical “types.” (an allegory was referred to last week.) Note: A type is a divinely purposed illustration of a truth. It may be a person, an event a thing, an institution or a ceremonial. (Scofield p,4) Hagar is type of law, which is in contrast to Sarah, type of grace. Abraham is type of faith who believed God would give him a son although he was 100 years old and Sarah was 90. God counted it unto Abraham for righteousness and promised He would make him “father of many nations.” (Genesis 17: 4-5)
(17) Gal. 4:26 Sarah means “mother of nations,” Genesis 17:16) She points to the Abrahamic Covenant and stands for “JERUSALEM ABOVE WHICH IS FREE AND MOTHER OF US ALL.” That is, of those who by grace are one with the True Son of Promise (Jesus) of whom Issac was the type. That is, of those who, by grace are one with the true Son of Promise, Jesus the Christ, of whom Issac was the type.
(18) Sarah the free woman and wife of Abraham bore Issac, the spiritual son promised by God through whom the lineage of Christ would come. As it is written, ”But when the fullness of time was come God sent forth His Son made of a woman made under the law.” (Gal. 4:4) “For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. (John 1:17)
(19) Finally, Jerusalem Above is the spiritual realm of the Messianic Kingdom of God’s Dear Son Jesus Christ that we the redeemed are translated into by the shedding of Jesus’ blood and the forgiveness of our sins. God’s Grace births us out of Jerusalem Above, Spiritual Mother, through our faith in Jesus Christ as Personal Lord and Saviour of our lives. Grace through faith go together like peas in a pod. You can have both together and more “grace for grace” (John 1:16) Thus, grace keeps on bringing more grace by Jesus Christ. (Oh, Yes!) Grace is the Father’s kindness and love towards us through Jesus Christ. It is His unmerited favor freely given.
(20)As Jesus came down from Heaven through forty-two generations to see about us, so Jerusalem comes down from Heaven as the Mother Cell that gives the rebirthing of our spirits. In the born-again experience we are “born from above.” This “above” means “Jerusalem Above.” Furthermore to be born from “Jerusalem Above” means being reborn of Jesus’ Spirit from above in the Heavenlies and not flesh and blood of parents on earth. Thereby, we become one with the Triune God. It is then that we become mature, control habits, and allow the Spirit to flow into the physical body. This is the meaning of John 7:38-39…”He that believeth on me, as the scriptures hath said, out of his belly (spirit) shall flow rivers of living water … But this He spoke of the Holy Spirit.”
(21) Literally, the Kingdom of God is within and not an outward show. Jesus said, “ The Kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! Or, lo there! For behold the Kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:20-21)
(22) To press the point, “The Kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 14:17) The Kingdom Within is “ever the mystery of God which has been hid for ages, but is now made manifest to all saints; which is Christ in you, the hope of Glory.” (Colossians 1:26-27)
(23) “Jerusalem Above” does forever come down in us bringing new fillings of the Holy Spirit, ever transforming the mind and heart, and revealing a new sense of community and relational living. There is one baptism of the Holy Spirit, but many fillings. When we receive Jesus as Lord and Saviour we also receive the Holy Spirit (Ghost) For we cannot separate or split up the one True God.
(24) True believers are the New Jerusalem, the spiritual transformers come down from God out of Heaven. They are the movers and shakers of a new world order of peace and love. Moreover, they are the redeemed “Church of the Firstborn,” (Hebrews 12:23)
(25) John said he saw “the Holy City, New Jerusalem coming down from God out of Heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.” (Revelation 21:2)
(26) Jerusalem comes down time and time again into yielded hearts and minds.
(27) The ole gospel hymn reminds us:
“Heaven came down and glory filled my soul when at the cross the Saviour made me whole. My sins were washed away and my night was turned to day, when Heaven came down and glory filled my soul.”
(28) Dear Saints, rejoice and again I say rejoice; for a realm of pure blessedness has descended from on high into your total being. You are free indeed. For the Bible says,” If the Son therefore shall make you free, you are free indeed.” (John 8:36) You now have a new psychospiritual way of physical living on the earth i.e., Kingdom-living from the inside out. You are bringing the Messianic Kingdom of Jesus Christ within you out into the outside world by your thoughts, words, and deeds.
(29) This is my sterling task as I journey in the earth, speaking the wonderful words of life to self and others and writing contemporary lessons embracing the Gospel and love of Jesus Christ in REBECCA’S WELL for the NEW JOURNAL and GUIDE.
Amen (Oh Yes!)