2020 Impacting Lives Ceremony In 2014, the New Journal and Guide newspaper began this annual event to recognize persons and entities that have made a significant impact on the lives of people in Hampton Roads for more than one generation. Over the years, over 60 honorees have been awarded by the Publisher, Brenda H. Andrews. The 2020 ceremony was abbreviated to comply with social distancing and safety guidelines mandated by the Commonwealth of Virginia to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. Still, we gathered safely and socially distanced with our masks and elbow greetings to celebrate our community and the newspaper’s 120-year legacy of service to the community.
- Fill Your Stocking with Alicia Keys, Louis Armstrong, More December 1, 2022
- Kenzo, First Ugandan Nominated for Grammy, had Humble Start December 1, 2022
- Billy Porter receives Hollywood Walk of Fame star December 3, 2022
- Houston authorities make arrest for the death of slain Migos rapper, Takeoff December 2, 2022
- Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lights up for holiday season December 1, 2022
- Bed-Stuy Gateway bid hosts winter wonderland December 1, 2022
You May Also Like
By Brenda H. Andrews Publisher For six years, the New Journal and Guide presented its Annual Impacting Lives Award Breakfast at the Murray Center...
Hampton Roads Community News
Let’s Talk About Life! Film series by Ernest Lowery Dr. Earle Williams Ernest Lowery interviews Dr. Earle Williams a Clinical Forensic Psychologist. Although he...