2020 Impacting Lives Ceremony In 2014, the New Journal and Guide newspaper began this annual event to recognize persons and entities that have made a significant impact on the lives of people in Hampton Roads for more than one generation. Over the years, over 60 honorees have been awarded by the Publisher, Brenda H. Andrews. The 2020 ceremony was abbreviated to comply with social distancing and safety guidelines mandated by the Commonwealth of Virginia to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. Still, we gathered safely and socially distanced with our masks and elbow greetings to celebrate our community and the newspaper’s 120-year legacy of service to the community.
- In Memoriam: Bill Russell Was Basketball’s Most Crowned Champion
- House Bill Would Fee Consumers From Exploitative Overdraft Fees
- 1946-2022 Dr. Marie V. McDemmond: Pioneering Leader, Inherited & Braved, Fiscal Challenges
- In Memoriam: Nichelle Nichols Was Role Model For Black Women
- School Vouchers and Tax Credits: 21st Century “Separate But Unequal?” (Part 1)
You May Also Like
By Brenda H. Andrews Publisher For six years, the New Journal and Guide presented its Annual Impacting Lives Award Breakfast at the Murray Center...
Hampton Roads Community News
Let’s Talk About Life! Film series by Ernest Lowery Dr. Earle Williams Ernest Lowery interviews Dr. Earle Williams a Clinical Forensic Psychologist. Although he...