The Honorable Reverend Joseph N. Green, Jr. who is Rector Emeritus of Grace Episcopal Church in Norfolk, Virginia. Father Green has been and continues to be an advocate for many community programs and services in the Hampton Roads community. In addition to his pastoral accomplishments, Father Joseph Green has served on the Norfolk School Board; served on the city council of Norfolk for 20 years (10 years as Vice-Mayor); worked to foster civil rights for African-Americans and justice and peace for all people. He was instrumental in establishing Tidewater Community College’s Norfolk campus. Through his leadership, The Crispus Attucks Cultural Center was founded and led to the reopening of the historic Attucks Theatre in October 2004.
- “Commemoration Of Juneteenth In Hampton Roads”
- Portsmouth’s New City Manager Has A Familiar Face About Town
- Dandridge Among 6 Honored By Dominion Energy & Library of Virginia
- Thanks To Dr. Ron Myers! National Juneteenth’s Unsung And Fervent Hero
- Boys Choir of Hampton Roads Observes Its 25th Anniversary