The New Chesapeake Men for Progress Education Foundation, Inc. awarded three citizens during the group’s Second Annual Black-Tie Scholarship Gala on Saturday, November 18, 2017 at the Chesapeake Delta Hotel by Marriott. More than 300 guests turned out to support the organization and salute this year’s awardees: Lifetime Achievement Award, Mr. James L. Frye, Retired Principal and Mentor, Indian River High School; Community Service Award, Kelvin L. Wright, Chief of Police and Youth Mentor; Community Service Award, Rebecca C. W. Adams, Ed. D. Retired Educator and Community Leader. The foundation is headed by former Mayor William Ward.
- Fill Your Stocking with Alicia Keys, Louis Armstrong, More December 1, 2022
- Kenzo, First Ugandan Nominated for Grammy, had Humble Start December 1, 2022
- Billy Porter receives Hollywood Walk of Fame star December 3, 2022
- Houston authorities make arrest for the death of slain Migos rapper, Takeoff December 2, 2022
- Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lights up for holiday season December 1, 2022
- Bed-Stuy Gateway bid hosts winter wonderland December 1, 2022