“Coming again. Coming Again. My heart is so Happy. My soul is so glad. Jesus is coming again.” (James H. Gray) “Better be ready to put on your long white robe. Jordan River is chilly and cold. Better be ready to put on your long white robe. Chills the body but not the soul. Better be ready to put on your long white robe. Better be ready. Better be ready. Better be ready to put on your long white robe.” (author unknown)
It is a fact that Jesus is coming again. There are over 300 scriptures pointing to Jesus’ Second Coming to the earth. These scriptures are written in parables and warnings. Jesus wants us to know and understand these warnings. A few of these follow: (1) “Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.” (Mt 24:42) (2) “But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore, be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of Man cometh.”(Mt 24: 43-44 ) (Lk 12 : 39-40)
(3) Ten virgins took their lamps to meet the Bridegroom. Five virgins had oil in their lamps. Five did not. There was a Midnight Cry. The Bridegroom cometh. The five wise virgins had oil to see Him and they went in. When the five foolish virgins came from buying oil, the door was shut. They cried, Lord, Lord, open the door to us. But He said,I know you not “ Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of Man cometh.” (Mt 25: 1-13) (Oil is the symbol of the Holy Spirit; and “ if any man have not the Holy Spirit of Christ, he or she is none of His.”) (Romans 8:9)
(4) “Watch and pray.” (Mt 26: 41) The Gospels of Mark and Luke continue in watchfulness in view of the Lord’s return. “Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is … (Mark 13: 33) “ For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey … and commanded the porter to watch. Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly He find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say to all, WATCH.” (Mk 13: 34-37)
(5) The Gospel of Luke reminds us further that careful watching for the eternal over the temporal, the spiritual over the physical, will reap for us the Kingdom. “Let your loins be girded about and your lights burning; And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their Lord, when He will return from the wedding; that when He cometh and knocketh, they may open unto Him Immediately. Blessed are those servants, whom the Lord when He cometh shall find watching: Verily I say unto you, that He shall gird Himself, and make them sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them. And if He shall come in the second watch or in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.” (Lk 12: 35-38)
(6) “Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things … signs in the sun and the moon and stars and upon the earth, distress of nations…Men’s hearts failing them for fear … and the powers of Heaven shall be shaken … behold the fig tree and all the trees when they now shoot forth, know that summer is now nigh at hand and the Kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall never pass away. And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged and surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. And then shall they see the Son of Man coming in a Cloud with Power and Great Glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads: for your redemption drawneth nigh.” (Lk 21: 25-36 )
(7) “And, behold I come quickly; and My Reward is with Me, to give to every man or woman according as their work may be. I AM Alpha and Omega The Beginning and The End, The First and The Last. I Jesus have sent Mine Angel to testify unto you these things in the Churches. I AM The Root and The Offspring of David, and The Bright and Morning Star.” (Revelation 22: 12-16 ) “He which testifieth these things saith, SURELY I COME QUICKLY. AMEN. EVEN SO, COME, LORD JESUS. The GRACE of OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST BE WITH YOU ALL. AMEN. (REV 22:20-21)
All Rights Reserved.