Wise men still seek him because:
1. We once walked in darkness but we can now praise God for granting us the light of the world (Isaiah 9:2).
2. Joy and victory will replace defeat and despair (Isaiah 9:3).
3. We can imagine a world where war and weapons are no longer needed (Isaiah 9:4-5)!
4. Only the One who is all wise, mighty, eternal and full of peace can bear the responsibilities of world government (Isaiah 9:6).
5. Jesus Christ’s eternal rule is guaranteed by God, our Father (Isaiah 9:7).
How can the Son of God be called the Everlasting Father? What kind of peace will He bring to our world? He will be the Father of the world forever! Here we contemplate the endless future. We foresee a time when we will have a fatherly, faithful Lord in total control of the future. Being more than an earthly king, but an eternal Father, Jesus Christ will establish world peace. His power and authority have been predestined by God and will restore the peace that has been intended for humanity.
A child is born and the King will reign! The promised Messiah will rule the world in perfect righteousness and justice. Having already appeared as God in the flesh, Jesus will one day fully display His righteous rule, fulfilling the prophecies concerning Him. The guarantee that this will happen is based on the fact that God Himself will bring it to pass!
Mrs. Gladys R. McElmore, a resident of Norfolk’s Middle Town Arch Community, is a New Journal and Guide Freelance Contributor on religion. She is a native of Essex County, Va.
Activists and lawyers for the family of 26-year-old Botham Jean, killed in his own apartment by a White female police…
Reverend Carolyn Williams Bell’s smile was an unabashed, radiant display of wisdom. It was not the least bit intimidating. When…
Their lives spanned two world wars; Jim Crow segregation; the civil rights movement which ended it and other legal victories;…